Happy New Year! 2011Posted: January 1, 2011
Resolutions? Never made them until 2010. I have always believed they are a surefire way to set oneself up for complete failure. A person’s resolve just doesn’t last 365 days. Shit happens, and the first thing to go is a resolution. In 2010 I got caught up in the resolution game. So, we shall now take stock of the fiasco and get a damage report.
My 2010 New Year’s Resolutions are posted here. Go ahead and click on that link right now, it will open up in a new tab or window, depending on your setup. I shall do the same, I need the cheat myself, to figure out what in the world I was going on about.
The first three are tweets:
- Join the 200-MPH Club. ~ I’m up to 151. FAIL
- Get a provisional novice racing license. ~ I haven’t applied for it (as with everything else it costs more money), but I’m eligible, so I’ll count that as a QUEST COMPLETE
- Complete an IronButt ride. ~ Haven’t even planned the route. FAIL
The others are from a post in some women’s forum I since long got the “attitudinal ban” from:
- Ride 15K. ~ I’m going to have to put on some clothes, go outside and get the current mileage off the Pirate, then do some math. 12332+3591=15923. QUEST COMPLETE
- Some mumblings about breaking 200 mph but revised to just finding top speed on the Hayabusa. ~ Since I did bounce it off the rev limiter at a drag strip… but not in sixth gear… and not on a Hayabusa… eh… FAIL
- Do “The Box” on the Hayabusa ~ I didn’t even try. FAIL
- Do “The Circle of Doom” ~ Didn’t even try this one either. I don’t think I did any serious PLP in 2010 (Parking Lot Practice) FAIL
- Master the one-lane u-turn on the highway. ~ Yeah, I tried that one a few times when I had to, yeah. No! FAIL
- Beat Mr. Slow in the 1/4-mile. ~ What kind of resolution was THAT? That’s like saying I’ll resolve to breathe every day in the new year. Unless you die before midnight 12/31… QUEST COMPLETE
- Stay citation free. ~ What a laugh! FAIL
- Participate in Lee Parks’ Total Control Workshop. ~ The money ran out. 😦 FAIL
- Get my knee down. ~ Did that! w00t!!! QUEST COMPLETE
And there you have it. 66.67% Failure. What a way to get down on yourself and feel like a loser. Yeah. I resolve to stay resolution free for 2011. As it was decreed, as it should have been, as it shall be again.